Thursday, February 26, 2009

Albums I love -- Feederz --Ever Feel Like Killing Your Boss?

Feederz -- Ever Feel Like Killing Your Boss? (1984)

San Francisco's Feederz made the Dead Kennedys look politically tame. Lead singer, Frank Discussion, and the rest of the band made you believe they were out to offend everyone and tear down the system in every way possible. The surprising thing is that with all these anarchistic leanings, Feederz still found a way to make music that was surprisingly catchy. They even had time to cover Olivia Newton John's Have You Never Been Mellow? Go figure. Other than the great songs, there is one other thing about this record that makes it great. The original vinyl version of Ever Feel Like Killing Your Boss had to be the most punk rock packaging ever. A simple black album with sandpaper on both sides....so as to destroy the rest of your record collection. Truly fantastic.
1984 (clip)
Have You Never Been Mellow? (clip)

1 comment:

No Bad Movies said...

I was moving some boxes for a dump run and I found some old school New Wave Of British Heavy Metal albums. Some Iron Maiden, Diamond Head, Jaguar, Quartz, Saxon's Strong Arm Of The Law and Motohead's Ace Of Spades. Surprisingly some it sounds pretty good still. Maiden and Saxon in particular. The Saxon has some great rhythmic grooves and some crunchy guitar. And I love the bass playing and guitar's on Killers as well. I also saw a Riot album to which had Road Racin' on it.
Just thought I'd mention a certain music that is kind of close to my heart that I don't really listen to anymore but surely brought back memories of air guitaring with my friends in our rooms.