Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Regina Spektor --- The Genius Next Door (Random I-pod song)

At first, I was quite resistent to Ms. Spektor, thinking...just another singing/songwriting woman with a piano. But, after some time, she has grown on me. She seems to have a genuine combination of talent and truly unique song-writing sense. Many dismiss her as self-consciously quirky. I say...give me more quirkly and less normal....any day.



The Genius Next Door is a song off of her most recent album FAR. This song is quite mysterious...even strange, but still wonderful. Far is a bit quieter than her previous release...a bit more introspective. Many of the songs are about fairly heady issues...God...etc. But, the details she can include in a song are both specific and evocative. And, ultimately, just beautiful.

5 comments:

ME said...

check out my page!

ME said...

check out my blog!

dancingalpha12 said...

That was a beautiful peice of music and I agree she is very talented.

LANON said...

nice=>

The girl in the pearls. said...

She is sooooo talented :)