Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Favorite Movies -- The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)


OK, let's get some things, er, straight here. I never dressed up, never played the parts. In fact, I never saw Rocky Horror until about 1988, so I was way behind the trend. I had very low expectations the first time I saw this movie. I must confess ... 2 minutes into "Science Fiction Double Feature" I was hooked. First of all, anyone who had seen all the movies listed in that song (like myself) had to be onto something. I found the movie wonderfully campy and cheesy. I don't care... I LIKE the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I actually get a bit annoyed by all the antics making fun of it... because I think it's really a good movie. I know... take me to court... I like it. The songs, of course, are numerous and famous. The performance by Tim Curry is flamboyant and fabulous. And, like any favorite movie, this movie is insanely rewatchable.

Finally, there is something of substance to Rocky Horror. Sure it may seem simplistic... but the "Don't dream it... be it" sort of "carpe diem" message is welcome and can't be spread enough.

Rose-tint my world http://youtube.com/watch?v=vFJqSeprgJE more love of movies presented here.

Science Fiction Double Feature http://youtube.com/watch?v=iN3azigz608

No comments: